Thursday, January 28, 2010

www.banjochrille.com, Playing, Collecting & Swapping Music for the tenor banjo.


Christian Loos has a great website for anyone wishing to learn the correct notes, as written, for both popular and obscure banjo solos. I urge anyone wishing to advance their playing to spend a bit of time seeing and hearing what Christian offers on his website as he has invested many hours in this project.

From an historical and musical perspective I'm very interested in vintage and modern sheet music for the tenor banjo. I'm playing, collecting & swapping compositions, which are written for the tenor banjo as a soloist instrument, schools, manuals, method books, which cope with the tenor banjo, as well as duets, band arrangements for this excellent instrument.
In this content I also would like to refer to my sheet music collection of vintage and modern mandolin music.
With less addiction I'm also collecting vintage sheet music for the plectrum banjo.
To give the banjo music a new input I'm always trying to arrange compositions and songs for the tenor banjo, which were buried in oblivion. Or I'm composing new music pieces for the tenor banjo, which have a tradition to the roots of our instrument, but originate something new.
To get the tenor banjo and it's music popular I'm trying to arrange well known banjo classics in a playable form. In this way my specialization is a wonderful sheet music score, in which you have a normal notation and special added TAB (tablature) line, which shows you the to be played note on the fingerboard.
Playing the most popular banjo tunes, without the pressure to have the facility to read notation is now possible.
Piano Accompaniments
In this category I would like to present my piano accompaniments, which I have played by myself and recorded. A lot of these accompaniments are taken from the original sheet music.
Banjochrille's Piano Accompaniments
Here you can hear a few example extracts, which are taken from my first published tenor banjo books. Every book has for every song three piano accompaniments, which are presented in a slow, medium and fast tempo.
So you have a perfect rhyhthm partner to learn the songs and a wonderful accompaniment, which underlines your banjo playing. The sound quality on the CD is much more better than the illustrated example slide show. You can have fun with the CD and my banjo books !



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?