Wednesday, November 25, 2009

John McEuen gets Nitty Gritty with Cynthia.


Hi Everyone,

I had a particularly fun experience on November 16 that I thought I'd
share with you -- a concert with John McEuen of the Nitty Gritty Dirt
Band, at City Winery, a major venue in New York City. John plays
5-string banjo, mandolin, guitar, and fiddle. I had a blast getting
together with him to go over a bunch of tunes that ranged from "Mr
Bojangles" to "Dixie Hoedown" and "Fingerbusters." It was a
challenging kick to have to think in sharp keys for a change,
improvising in A, E, D, etc.... But I loved it, and our concert was a
big success. I have worked with bluegrass/country/roots players on
occasion over the years, and it has always been a special pleasure. I
hope to do more of it.

Wishing you all a HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON and lots of good strumming!

Warm regards,
Cynthia

www.cynthiasayer.com



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?