Thursday, November 29, 2007

In search of Victor Ellis and his banjo company.


Dear IJBN readers.
I am contacting you from Melbourne, Australia, hoping you may be able to help me access information on a Victor Ellis, who lived at 193, St John's Hill, Battersea, London, in the early 1900s.
He manufactured the plectrum banjo I've been playing for the past 40+ years, but I have never been able to discover much about him.
That is, until recently... when I learned that he had lived and worked at 193, St John's Hill, from 1903 - 1911.
He was listed as "Ellis, Victor, Banjo Studio" in the local business directory of the time. But that's as far as I get.
The tyranny of distance just complicates matters... so I'm wondering if there is any way I can continue my search via the computer?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Ian Sanderson
Melbourne
Australia



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?