Friday, June 23, 2006

Cynthia Sayer is inducted in the Banjo Hall of Fame.


We saw your newsletter, and thought we'd write in to let you know that our daughter, jazz banjoist Cynthia Sayer, was recently inducted into the National Four-String Banjo Museum Hall Of Fame on May 25, 2006, in Guthrie, Oklahoma, USA. She won for the category of "Performance." We're also attaching a photo that she sent to me showing her and the others with their trophies.
Sincerely yours,
Barbara & Bertram Sayer (Cynthia's parents!)

Cynthia adds.... I was just taken by surprise to see my parents' post about my recent induction! Yes, it's nice to have proud parents! But I would like to add information on all of the 2006 inductees.
Additionally, The Gibson Company won for "Design & Manufacture," Pat Terry Sr. won for "Performance -- Historic" , Eddy Davis won for "Promotion," and Walter Kaye Bauer won for "Education & Instruction." In the photo, you can see from left to right, myself, then Tom Montgomery, Chief of Manufacturing accepting for The Gibson Company, then Pat Terry Jr and Mrs. Pat Terry Sr. accepting for Pat Terry Sr., and Eddy Davis. Also, the photo was taken by Seymour G. Pond. Thanks!I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful summer!Also -- if any of you are in London between Sept 5 and 16, I'll be performing in the Dorchester Hotel's Promenade Room -- I hope you'll stop by and say hi!
Warmest regards,
Cynthia Sayer



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?