Monday, May 08, 2006

Steve Caddick meets the Amoskeag Strummers

I had a nice gig today with the Amoskeag Strummers. They asked me to fill in as lead banjo because their regular guy could not play this one. They come from the Manchester, NH area. I have know them for years having met them at many of the banjo festivals I have attended for the past 20 or so years.
The location was the auditorium at the Newbury, MA Elementary School auditorium. Nice stage! We played two 45 minute sets. It went very well! I sold 10 CD's
of Eddy and me. They featured me on almost every song and I had a solo in each set. Avalon and El Cumbanchero. We played for the local Council on Ageing. Maybe 80-90 people. Sandy said she could have sold a few more if we had them with us. I only took 10 as results from older audiences has not been great in the past, well I was wrong this time! Here are a few photos Sandy took of us while playing.
After the gig we went to Michaels Harborside Restaurant in Newburyport where I had a nice Prime Rib.. Yum! Long ride, but I had a ball and made some "cha ching".
Steve Caddick



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?